How to Participate
Disability Matters: Vote (DMV2023) is partnering with Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba (AANM) to present a contest to create a poster for the Disability Matters: Vote 2023 campaign. The theme for the poster is Vote because disability matters!
Selected winners will receive a cash prize and their imagery will be used to create a Poster for the Disability Matters: Vote 2023 campaign. The Poster will feature the selected artist’s imagery along with text created by Disability Matters: Vote 2023 to raise awareness of issues facing the disability community in the political sphere.
To enter the contest:
- complete an entry form provided,
- take a photo of your creation and send in a JPG format
- file size no larger than 1200 pixels in either dimension,
- Maximum file size of 3MB
All entrants must be individuals legally residing in at the time of entry into the contest. We reserve the right to require jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. Prize winners cannot be employees, agents, and relatives of the judging panel.
- 1st prize $500
- 2nd prize $300
- 3rd prize $200
One representative from each of:
- Disability Matters: Vote2023
- Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba
- Prizes will be awarded only on verification by the judges that all contest requirements have been met by the winners.
- Each prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of prizes will be allowed.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants at the email address or phone number provided on the entry form.
- Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba and Disability Matters: Vote 2023 will notify the winner within seven (7) calendar days of the draw date.
- The winner will have ten (10) calendar days from notification to accept the prize. AANM and DMV2023 are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
- The winner agrees to provide a higher resolution of their image for use in Disability Matters Vote 2023 Campaign.
- If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the AANM and DMV2023 reserve the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize.
- The selected entrants will be required to complete, sign and return to the AANM and DMV2023 a Contest Release Form.
- If a selected entrant(s) fails to complete, sign and return the Contest Release Form, AANM and DMV2023 reserve the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize.
- By completing, signing and returning the Contest Release Form, the entrant
- confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations,
- releases and forever discharges AANM and DMV2023 from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and
- gives permission to AANM and DMV2023, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by AANM and DMV2023.
Contest General Rules
By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of AANM and DMV2023, which are final.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of a contest winner list, send your request to: Winner List, the Contest Name, 329 Cumberland Ave. Winnipeg Manitoba R3B 1T2. Requests must be received no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the contest deadline and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Disqualification: Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba and DMV2023 are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of a contest or the operation of AANM and or DMV2023 website, as determined by AANM and or DMV2023, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, AANM and DMV2023 reserves the right to terminate the entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of a contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of AANM and DMV2023, which in the sole opinions of AANM and DMV2023 corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, AANM and DMV2023 reserves the right, in their sole discretions, to suspend or terminate a contest and to award prize(s) to individual(s) selected from the pool of entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the details for each specific contest.
- Tax Information: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such prize.
- Applicable Laws: Each contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Prize Disclaimer: Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba and DMV2023 shall not be responsible or liable to entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of entrants entering a contest or use of a prize won in connection with a contest. By participating in a contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless AANM and DMV2023 and the employees, officers, and directors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with a contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.