Disability Matters Leaders Debate: Multiple Ways to Tune in & Attend
We’re all getting ready to watch the Disability Matters Leaders Debate. All four Manitoba political parties are participating:
· James Beddome, Green Party of Manitoba
· Wab Kinew, New Democratic Party of Manitoba
· Dougald Lamont, Manitoba Liberal Party
· Heather Stefanson, Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba
Live Debate details:
Tuesday Aug. 27th from 10 am to noon
The Norwood Hotel, Promenade Ballroom, 112 Marion St.
Overflow location: Royal Canadian Legion, 134 Marion St.
Doors open at 9 am and everyone must be seated by 9:45 am.
Moderated by CBC Manitoba’s Marcy Markusa. Presented by Assiniboine Credit Union with generous support from The Norwood Hotel and Allan Simpson memorial Fund. Free accessible parking, ASL interpretation and captioning will be provided.
Are you outside Winnipeg? Catch the debate via live stream! Watch party locations:
· Brandon: Avis's Place, 24 6th St.
· Portage: Visions at 20 Saskatchewan Ave. W.
· Selkirk: Canalta Hotel, 1061 Manitoba Ave.
· Steinbach: Steinbach Legion, 294 Lumber Ave.
· Thompson: 83 Churchill Dr.
· Morden: 100-30 Stephen St.
· Dauphin: 210 1 Ave. NE
Watching at home or somewhere else?
· Go to the Disability Matters Vote Facebook page. If you haven’t joined the page yet, go to the top search bar, type Disability Matters Vote, then click the page listing.
· Hit play on the live feed, on the Disability Matters Vote Facebook page. You will not see the video until the live stream starts at 10 am. If you don’t see the video at 10 am, hit your refresh button.
Hosting a watch party? Follow these tech tips:
1. Connect your projector and laptop before the party to test your systems
2. Make sure you have a land line connection to the internet, or make sure your Wi-Fi signal is strong enough to play an online video.
3. Test your audio volume so people can hear. If anyone requires the captioning service, you’ll need two laptops and projectors (one for the A/V live footage and one for the captioning footage) Turn off the sound for captioning footage.
4. Log on to Facebook account (any account works)
5. Go to the Disability Matters Vote Facebook page. If you haven’t joined the page yet, go to the top search bar, type Disability Matters Vote, then click the page listing.
6. Hit play on the live feed, on the Disability Matters Vote Facebook page. You will not see the video until the live stream starts at 10 am. If you don’t see the video at 10 am, hit your refresh button.
Use and follow the hashtags #disabilitymattersvote and #mbpoli on Facebook and Twitter.
Enjoy the Disability Matters Leaders Debate!